Christ in a Real Body

This morning when I got up my back was stiff. I straightened up, but not very fast. Once I started out on my walk I noticed that my foot was sore, and it has stayed that way so I that I have a slight limp. My hands have been sore, too. I think my arthritis is acting up, so I ordered a new copper bracelet which helps a lot. I hear a lot from my body all of the time. It is a comfort to know that Jesus can relate to what I am going through because He came in a real body like mine.

John affirms this basic truth because of the people who were denying it in his day. (II John 7) He wanted us to know that many deceivers have gone out into the world. They deny that Jesus Christ came in a real body. Such people are deceivers and antichrists. They are trying to take away one of the most important aspects of Christ's existence.

Yes, Jesus has always existed. He is Eternal God. That first Christmas He came to be born of the virgin Mary, so He could take on human flesh and a human nature, except that He did not have a sin nature. That way, He experienced all we experience as people living in real bodies, and He was able to be nailed to the cross and shed His real blood for our sins.

Therefore, don't ever think that Jesus can't relate to what you are going through. Don't ever think that He doesn't care about you. Christmas and the Cross are proof of both of those things. Now, when you pray, pour out your heart to Him, your aches and pains, your troubles and your suffering. He knows and cares. He is there to help.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read III John, Jude, and Revelation 1.

Popular Posts