At Home with the Lord

 All of my life home has been such a good place to be. My parents made a loving home for me and my sister. Even when I went to college and got married, it was great to come back "home" where I grew up and was so loved. Then, Chris and I did our best to have a good home for our children, even though we moved several times. It is still great to be at home.

Paul gives us the reality of the ultimate home that Christ has prepared for all of us, as believers. (II Corinthians 5:8) He told the Christians in Corinth that we are fully confident in our eternal home because of Christ, so we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord. What could be better than that home?

So many people fear death. They dread it. They do everything they can not to think about their own death. They still see death as an enemy. However, Christ died and rose again. He defeated the enemy of death once and for all. He gives us the victory over death, as we trust Him as Lord and Savior. 

Therefore, we should be looking forward to death. Yes, that is what I said. Our death will not be an end, except for the things of this world. It will be a glorious beginning. We will inherit our home in heaven. The best thing about that home will be that Jesus, our Lord, will be there, and we will be at home with Him and all the other believers for an eternity of bliss.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Corinthians 6-8.



Popular Posts