The Lamb, Our Shepherd

 It is hard to imagine just what heaven will be like. Yes, I know that we have all kinds of descriptions of different aspects of heaven like the gates of pearl and the streets of pure gold. We know the throne of God will be in the center, and we will live in the New Jerusalem, which will be tremendous in size and beauty. However, what I am talking about is what living in heaven will be like. Will we need to sleep? What exactly will we eat? What kind of jobs will we do for the Lord? How often will we worship the Lord, and how much time will we have to visit with others? I know the Lord has all of this worked out, so it will be perfect for all of us. In fact, John saw a vision of the throne of God and those around that throne. (Revelation 7:17) He told us the Lamb at the center of the throne will shepherd us. He will guide us to springs of the water of life, and God will wipe away every tear from our eyes. Sounds good to me, doesn't it to you?

Jesus, the Lamb of God, will be our Shepherd in heaven. Now that is pretty unique, but who would be better to be the Shepherd than the Lamb Himself. He knows our needs, since He became a human being. He knows how to guide us to the water of life, which is just what we need. He has all of the compassion He needs for us, so He will wipe away every tear from our eyes. I guess that is what touched my heart this time when I read this verse. This Christmas has been emotional for me with both of my parents gone and thinking of how we enjoyed Christmas together so much. I can see that even when I get to heaven, I may have some tears that need to be wiped away, tears from the trials and sufferings of life. Tears of grief that have not been fully cried out may come to the surface, but praise the Lamb, our Shepherd! He will be there just in time to wipe the tears away and lead us in the way of life eternal with Him, giving us all we need.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Revelation 10-12. 

Popular Posts