Our Inheritance

Once Joshua had led the people of Israel to conquer the land of Canaan, he divided the land among the tribes as their inheritance. Then, the people could move into their areas of the land and finish driving out all of the inhabitants with all of their pagan gods and altars. However, the tribe of Levi did not receive an area. God had an even better inheritance for them, since they spent their days serving Him. He was their inheritance. (Joshua 13:33) Which would you rather have, an allotment of land for your family or the Lord? I believe Levi got the best inheritance of all.

Today, Jesus has an inheritance for all of His followers. It is an eternal inheritance. In fact, when He ascended back to heaven after His resurrection, He went to prepare a place for us. Heaven will be the a magnificent place to spend eternity. However, it will not be the beauty that is the best inheritance. Our inheritance will be fantastic, because we will inherit the presence of the Lord being with us 24/7 for eternity. We will be with Him and live in His light forever. I am not concerned about what my apartment will be like, because the main thing is to be with Jesus who loves me and died for me. I pray that each of us have the assurance that the Lord is our inheritance.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Joshua 14-17. 

Popular Posts