Standing in the Gap

When I lived in Texas, the ranchers taught me how to make a gap for a barbed wire fence. It is a simple gate that one person can go through. Also, when I was pastor in Texas, we drove to Washington, DC with a group of men from the church to stand in the gap for America. That day over one million men bowed in prayer to intercede for our country. However, that has been years ago, and the passion for prayer for America seems to be waning. In Ezekiel's time God sought for one man to stand in the gap, so He would not destroy Judah, but sadly, He could not find even one. (Ezekiel 22:30) I wonder if we are getting to that point today?

God honors the faithful persistent prayers of His people. He responds when it is even a few righteous people who are praying or standing up for Him. The question is, "Are we faithfully interceding for America and standing up for the truth on a daily basis? If we aren't doing that, who will? I urge all of us to pray fervently for our land on a daily basis, and to stand up for what is right, even if we are persecuted.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 25-28.

Popular Posts