My Perfect One

Solomon referred to his wife as 'my perfect one." (Song of Solomon 5:2) Certainly, his wife was not perfect, because none of us are sinless and perfect. However, I believe he was not exaggerating when he used this title. I believe God has a perfect match for us. When we find that person, it is such a blessing. It is God's way of giving us just what we need.

I know many people do not believe this. They think that there are several people we could marry and be very happy and fulfilled. That may be true, but I believe God has a perfect will, and we can find that perfect will for the one we are to marry. (Romans 12:1,2) When we do follow God's direction to "the perfect one," we find the person to complete us. (Genesis 2:18) When we enter the process of loving our spouse and growing in our relationship with each other, we also grow in the Lord. We learn from each other, so that we become well rounded believers. All of this is done by the Holy Spirit, but He uses people to aid His work in many cases.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Song of Solomon 6-8.

Popular Posts