It Is No Longer I Who Live

On March 20, 1970 the old Stan Jordan was crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me. That is my testimony, but it was first the testimony of the Apostle Paul. (Galatians 2:20) Is it your testimony, too?

When a person becomes a Christian, it is not a change in philosophy or a decision to live a better life with more good works. The only way we become believers is for our old self to die, being crucified with Jesus. (Romans 6:6) Like Jesus Himself said before a seed can bring forth a plant and bear fruit, the seed must die and be changed radically into something new. (John 12:24) Through death we become new creatures. (II Corinthians 5:17) After that, Jesus is our life, and the only way to live is by faith in Him, since He loved us enough to die for us. If our testimony is anything less than this, we have not been transformed by the gospel of Jesus, and we do not belong to Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Galatians 3-5.

Popular Posts