Being Known From Afar

I know some people when I see them in a crowd. I even know their names, but I do not really know them. I just know them from afar. The psalmist told us that is how God knows proud people. However, the lowly He regards.(Psalm 138:6) How does He know you?

The word "regards" is an interesting word. It means to pay attention to, or to respect. In this context it means that God wants to know us well, because He has seen our humility, and He is draw to us out of respect. That is amazing. The One True God who is on high, regards the lowly. Those are the kind of people He wants to be close to. The proud do not appeal to Him, and He only wants to know them from afar, unless they turn from their pride and surrender to Him.

Again I ask, "How does God know you?" The answer is all up to you. You are the only one who controls your own heart.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 139-141.

Popular Posts