A Still Small Voice

Elijah learned a very valuable lesson on the mountain.(I Kings 19:11,12) Yes, God answers by fire sometimes like He did on Mt. Carmel. Yes, He can speak in the wind, earthquake or fire when He desires to speak that way. However, most of the time He speaks in a still small voice. That voice can be louder than any other way He speaks. Elijah heard God loud and clear through His still small voice. We can and must do the same thing, if we want to hear from the Lord.

To hear the still small voice, we must be still and quiet before the Lord. We must have a heart to hear what He says to us, not just what we want to hear. We must be ready to do what He says, or why should He speak to us? I know this to be the case, because He speaks to me this way almost every morning. Try it for yourself and see what happens.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Kings 21-22 and II Kings 1.

Popular Posts