Satisfied By Jesus

"He is all that I need; He is more than enough for me." Those are the words of a song we sing in our worship services at NHBC. Each time I sing these words I am overcome by a sense of being satisfied by Jesus. He has truly fulfilled all I need.(John 4:13,14)

Some people only think about salvation from sins and going to heaven, when they think about knowing Christ. There is so much more to knowing Him than just freedom from sin's power, as great and marvelous as that is. Jesus brings such satisfaction to life that we are freed from the addiction to other things for our sense of well-being and contentment. We are set free to live life, as He designed it to be lived.

Let me give you a few examples of what I mean. Some people look to their food for satisfaction. That is why it is called "comfort food." I do not need any kind of food to satisfy my needs. The same is true for those who find solace in a drink. What a shame that they need to find rest in a drink. Jesus is so much better than anything we can get from a drink. Some people go shopping to get a thrill by buying something new. I don't need that, either. Stuff holds no satisfaction for me. Sports and recreation are fine. I enjoy them, just like I do eating a meal or getting a new shirt, but I do not need them to have happiness. Jesus is all I need. His living water has filled me, and I am satisfied for eternity. He is all I ever needed. Try Him. I know you will find the same is true for you.

Tomorrow, I intend to read John 5-7.

Popular Posts