Animal Walk with Kade

Lori and Jeff got in this afternoon. They are here for Dixie's wedding, of course. Jeff is going to share at church tomorrow, since they are here, and we need to be reminded of all that has been going on in Japan. Dixie and I went to the airport to pick them up, and I took my truck so we could get the luggage without any problems.

It was great to see them. It is a long trip, and they were all tried, but they were doing well. We loaded the luggage in the truck, and we made our way home. Kade rode with me in the truck. He likes riding in Grandad's truck. Then, one of the first things he asked me about was taking an animal walk. That is when we walk in the woods behind our house with my dog, Midnight, and we watch for animals. It was a blessing for me to hear him say that, because I knew he had good memories of his visits with us.

After supper we took our animal walk like old times, except Kade is much bigger now. He ran joyfully after Midnight, and he stopped to see the cracks in the red dirt. We found some deer tracks, and I explained them to him. Then, Midnight found a Persian cat and proceeded to bark at him. I could not see the cat at first, so I was hoping it was not a fox. We spotted a dead mouse, too. The ants were eating the mouse, so we examined him for a while. Kade remembered the path through the far side of the woods so we went down there, and he found a great stick. All in all we had a great animal walk together. What a blessing to spend time with our family. God is so good!

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Chronicles 29-31.

Popular Posts