That the World May Know Jesus

As I was preparing to leave the church after worship this morning, Penny told me that she had seen a story that Avery Willis died. This evening I went to www.imb.org to check out the article there. He was a great missionary and disciple maker, and now, he is with the Lord. I am sure it is more than a coincidence that my verse for today was Isaiah 45:6.

Avery Willis spent 14 years as a missionary, during which time he developed a method of seminary education for the local pastors. Later, that became the discipleship materials entitled "Masterlife." There is no telling how many people have come to the Lord from the rising of the sun to its setting because of his influence. At the end of his life he was recording Bible Stories for oral learners, so even the peoples of the world who can't read can hear the gospel and be saved.

We all can't be an Avery Willis or a Billy Graham, but we should be doing our part to see that the whole world hears about the Lord Jesus, because there is no God besides Him. There is no other way to be saved except through Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 46-48.

Popular Posts