It Never Gets Old

I had another great privilege again this afternoon. I shared the Good News of Jesus Christ with two boys. It was especially meaningful to me, because year before last I mentored these boys at their elementary school. They come to our church, but they wanted to make sure they knew Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

I have a favorite way to share the gospel. Twenty years ago we learned Continuing Witness Training when I was pastor at Clairmont Baptist Church. The creator of CWT, Howard Ramsey, came to the church himself and taught us. I believe it is the most thorough way of explaining how to come to know Christ.

It is not that I always share it the same way. I try to be sensitive to what the Lord wants me to share and what the person needs. The remarkable thing about it is that it never gets old. It is never boring. In fact, I often become emotional as I go through the Scriptures and the truths. It is truly the Greatest Story Ever Told.

The greatest joy in life is coming to know Christ, and the next greatest is being there when someone else comes to know Him. It is the most wondrous miracle of all. I pray that all of you will experience both of these joys in your life.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 52-54.

Popular Posts