The Grace of God

There are many definitions of grace. All of them provide insight into all that God has done for us. Without a doubt we could never earn His blessings. They all come from His amazing love.

The definition of grace that I have been thinking about today is this: Grace is when God gives us more than we deserve. Now, I now that is always true, because we do not deserve anything. However, the reality is that God goes above and beyond to bless us. He does not stop at the smallest blessings. He goes the extra mile with us.

This is a wonderful truth for all of us, because we all make bad decisions. We all fail, at times. Then, we could get depressed, and think that our lives are ruined. However, we must remember the grace of God. He is able and willing to make something beautiful out of our sins and mistakes, if we will trust Him and turn it all over to Him.

That is what I have seen in my life, and that is what I am counting on for the rest of my life. I pray that each of us will realize the greatness of God's grace and thank Him for it everyday. Think of where you would be without it. Then, think of all of the things you have now because of it. God's grace is more than sufficient, isn't it?

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 66 and Jeremiah 1-2.

Popular Posts