Loving God

This morning I spoke to the middle school students for chapel. I asked them to tell me what they liked to do with another person whom they loved. At first, they looked at me like I was crazy. Then, they caught on and got serious.

They said they would spend time with them, talk with them, and hug them. I told them I thought those were good answers. Then, we applied them to our relationship with God. How do we show God we love Him? We spend time with Him. We talk with Him, and we express our love for Him, even though we can't hug Him. Also, we trust Him, and we honor Him by doing what He wants us to do.

So how often do we show God we love Him in these ways? I am not talking about a quick prayer or reading a chapter in the Bible. If we are not doing these things often, how does it make God feel? Yes, He has feelings. He is saddened when we ignore Him like anyone would be who loves us. He is hurt when we choose others over Him. However, the one it hurts the most is us. There is nothing better than having an intimate love relationship with the Lord. I urge all of us to stop and make time to spend with the Lord, talk with him, and tell Him how much you love Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 58-61.

Popular Posts