A Very Good Question

I am afraid that even as Christians we neglect our most important relationships, if we are not careful. I know that I have been so busy in ministry at times in my life that I did not spend as much time with my kids as I should have, and I did not take the time to relate to Chris as well as I should have either. I have made my family a priority, and I have spent time being with them in all kinds of ways, but I may not have been as focused at times. I hate that, but it is possible for all of us to fall into that trap for many reasons, which I don't need to list here.

Since we started doing the On Mission Groups using the questions from Neil Cole's materials, I have asked myself a very good question each week as I met with my partner. The question is, "Have you been honoring, understanding, and generous in your most important relationships this week?" Now that is a great question to keep in front of our minds all the time. It is not as simple as asking ourselves if we have shown love to our wife, kids, family, and close friends. I have to consider if I have honored them, if I have tried to be understanding, and if I have been generous toward them. That is all very Biblical and very much what causes relationships to prosper. I would highly recommend that each of us use this question weekly, even if we are not in an On Mission Group. I believe it will enhance our lives.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Proverbs 1,2 and I Corinthians 16.

Popular Posts