Purity

On Sunday evenings we have been studying the material from Dr. T W Hunt's book, The Mind of Christ. It is a fabulous study. We are going very slowly because it is so intense and time consuming to really do it right.

Last Sunday we began to consider the virtues of the Christ-like Mind. These are the virtues Christ showed in His life on earth, and they are recorded in the Bible as the characteristics of godly wisdom in James 3:17. The first one in the list is being pure. I was studying that section this afternoon. I was amazed at the impact it would have on each of us, if we would seek purity in our thoughts all of the time.

If something is pure, it is 100% of a particular substance. It is not mixed with any impurities at all. I wear a copper wristband for my arthritis. The information says that it is 99.3% copper. Therefore, it is almost pure, but not completely. I wonder what percent pure our minds are when it come to godly thoughts and wisdom? I wonder how many of our problems stem from having an impure mind? I am sure our lives would be radically different if we would seek purity in our thoughts and our thinking all of the time. It would prevent and solve so much stress and conflict.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Provers 13-15 and II Corinthians 5.

Popular Posts