A Continual Feast

I had a very busy day on Thursday with one appointment after another all day long beginning with chapel at 9 AM and ending with the PRC Board meeting at 4:30 PM. On the way from one meeting to the next I stopped at a Chic-fil-a for a little lunch. It is one of my favorite places to eat. The employees are nice, the food is good, and I am sure Truett Cathy and his folks are tithing for the most part, so I don't mind giving them my money.

When I walked up to the counter a man, maybe the manager, asked if he could help me, so I rattled off my regular order: a Char-grilled Chicken cool wrap with no fat honey mustard sauce and a diet lemonade. When I finished the man said that I had the biggest smile of anyone he had waited on that day. It was a very nice compliment. I thanked him, but I did not know what else to say. He caught me by surprise. There was not anything that had happened to make me smile more than normal, so I guess it was just my average smile.

Then, this morning I found the answer in Proverbs 15:15, which says "a cheerful heart has a continual feast." I have a cheerful heart, so it is like having a feast all of the time. I love to eat, so that really brings a smile to my face. I hope we can all have cheerful hearts and have people complimenting us on our smiles all of the time. Then, we can tell them Jesus is what makes us have a cheerful heart.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Proverbs 16-18 and II Corinthians 6.

Popular Posts