Do Everything in Love

This morning in my unhurried time I found a verse that says what I have been saying for years, but I did not realize there was a verse that put it so well. I love it when that happens. The verse is I Corinthians 16:14. It says, "let all that you do be done in love." Simple enough, huh?

Since God is love, He does everything in love. How could He do it otherwise? We are to be like Him. Therefore, we should do all that we do in love. It must be our main principle of how we do what we do. It is to be done in love, even if it is reproving someone or punishing someone. I know that is a challenge, but it is the right way. It brings about the results God wants. We can't do His will by the anger of man, because that involves a lack of love.

I challenge each of us to apply this verse on purpose this week. Keep it before your mind so that in each instance you ask the Lord, "How do I do this in love?" I know He will show us if we ask Him, and I know it will bring positive results in many cases.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Proverbs 3-5 and II Corinthians 1.

Popular Posts