Through Many Tribulations

People want to go through life without problems. Let me let you in on something. That is not going to happen. Trouble is a part of being human. It is a part of living in this world that has been corrupted by sin. No one escapes trouble. Think about Jesus. He had more trouble than all of us combined, and He was the perfect Son of God. Should we expect anything different, especially with all of our faults and weaknesses? I don't think so.

This evening I had the privilege of sharing with a lady during our regular visitation. She has had a hard life, and some of her troubles have caused her to be skeptical about God and church. I am so thankful that I could point her to Jesus and what it means to have a personal relationship with Him. After our conversation, I think she might know Him, but the Devil has shaken her faith because of the trials. All of this made me remember my memory verse for today, Acts 14:22. It's message is perfect for this situation. Paul went around strengthening the souls of the disciples and encouraging them. That is what this lady needs all of the time. Then, he told them it is "through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God." What a truth. Life with Christ will not be easy. He wants us to live out our faith in Him and the trials help us to grow in trusting Him. The difference for the believer is that He walks through the troubles with us and gives us His peace and grace. He is such a blessing. I can't wait to tell Him thank you in person.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 34-35 and Acts 15:1-21.

Popular Posts