Four Generations

As I was feeding my grandson, Jacob, his bottle this evening, I thought of what I read this morning as I was finishing up the book of Job. After all of the pain and suffering Job had been through because of God's trial to prove his faith to the Devil, God gave Job double what he had before, and He restored his family. If we ever doubt the goodness of God we need to remember Job.

The thing that grabbed me this evening was that Job lived 140 more years after his trials, and he saw four generations of his family. It is such a blessing for me to see my grandchildren. Since Lori and Jeff have been here all three have been with us in our home. They are a joy. Just think of the joy to see not only your grandchildren, but your great-grandchildren and your great-great-grandchildren. Think of the satisfaction of seeing each generation grow in character and their love for the Lord as you earnestly pray for them. That has to be one of the greatest blessings of life on this Earth.

Now, I don't think I will live to see four generations of my family, but it gives me an awesome awareness of the grace of God, not just for Job, but for all of us. He always gives us much more than we deserve. No one can out give God. He is the Master Blesser. We owe Him all the thanks!

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 1-3 and Acts 17:1-15.

Popular Posts