Enjoying God's Peace

I am in the business of trying to encourage people and show them how to have hope. When I fail to do that for a person, it breaks my heart. I want them to feel the same comfort from the Lord that I feel each day. I know it is a result of years of walking as closely to the Lord as I could, but I still know that God can bring His peace into any heart. It is His will, since Jesus is the Prince of Peace.

I am afraid many people have a mental or spiritual block against Philippians 4:6-7. I used it to try to help a person today, but it seemed to be "like water off of a duck's back." You know, the deer in the headlights stare. How sad to think that this person is missing the promise of God to guard his heart and mind with God's peace. He needs it desperately, but he just can't let go of his worry and rest in the Lord.

I am going to keep praying and trying to somehow show Him the truth. We are all weak. None of us can live life well by ourselves. However, with the help of our loving Lord Jesus, we can have the abundant life. He doesn't mean just going to Heaven. He means now. It's the only way to live.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 36-37 and Acts 15:22-41.

Popular Posts