More Than I Can Imagine

God is so good that His plans for my life are more than I can even imagine. That has been His theme for me today. I read the devotional passage from Experiencing God Day By Day this morning. The verse was Ephesians 3:20, which is a doxology of Paul praising God was the One "who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think." Paul saw it many times in his own life, and he confidently proclaimed that truth for all of us. Then, I read Matthew 6, which tells us that if we seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness that He will make sure we have all we need and even more. He cares for us more than the lilies and the sparrows, so we can know that He will clothe us and care for us in a greater way than He does them. Isn't that a wonderful truth?

I know there are many people who have not experienced this wondrous provision in their lives, but if we believe God's Word, we know it is not His fault. It is our fault for not submitting to His way. We fail when we seek the things of this world and our own way of meeting our needs. If we do that He can't bless us. If we try to serve God and Mammon, it will never work. He will make sure of that. However, if we do seek Him first, He will bless us in a wonderful way.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Genesis 23-24 and Matthew 7.

Popular Posts