Deliberate Obedience

If we are faithful to pray the Lord will be faithful to speak to us. He will give us insight into His Word. He will comfort us. He will direct us in specific ways to do His will. There are so many examples in Scripture of this very thing. God told Abraham to leave his country and go to a land that He would show Him. He told Moses to go back to Egypt and lead the Israelites to freedom. He told Phillip to go down to the desert, and when he arrived he saw the Ethiopian Eunuch, and he shared the gospel with him. He sent Paul to Macedonian by showing him a vision of a Macedonian man calling him to come. God is more than able to communicate His will to us, so that we can obey.

The problem is that we don't listen to Him, or we let Satan talk us out of doing what He tells us. I am afraid that I done that too many times in my life. However, before Christmas the Lord spoke to my heart about getting out of my comfort zone and relating to people I don't know and people I do know more and more. He put a plan on my heart, and I began to obey His plan for me today. It was a great relief to obey Him and to defeat Satan's attempts to stop me. With His help by the power of the Spirit I will continue to do what He told me until He shows me something different. I hope each of us will be deliberately obedient in this same way. Just think of what God could do, if we would be constantly faithful to Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Genesis 20-22 and Matthew 6:19-34.

Popular Posts