God Answers Prayer

All day long God was driving home to me the importance of prayer and the fact that He answers prayers. Now, I have known these things for a long time, but God knows just when I need a refresher course. This morning as I was reading my Bible reading, I read about Abraham's servant going to get a wife for Isaac. I knew that the servant prayed for God's direction to the right lady, but I had forgotten that Rebekah came up before he finished speaking to God. (Genesis 24:15) Isn't that fantastic? God is so wonderful! Then, as I was reading Matthew 7 the Lord impressed me to select verses 7 and 8 as my memory verses for today. God blesses our asking, seeking, and knocking. I have seen it so many times. Later, Gary asked me to go to lunch, and as we were talking he turned the conversation to prayer and how quickly God answers prayer. Like I said God wanted me to focus on prayer today. We were able to share with each other several ways that God had answered our prayers in a wonderful and punctual way.

It is imperative for us, as believers to give prayer a place of priority in our lives. Of course, we are to pray without ceasing, but that is a quality of life which must be cultivated. In addition we need those concentrated times of prayer during each day when we pray for ourselves, our family, and others whom God has placed in our lives. Without that emphasis on prayer we will miss out. God responds to our prayers, and if we don't pray, sometimes He has to work through others to do His will, and we miss the blessing. Let's make sure we pray and wait for God to answer.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Genesis 25-26 and Matthew 8:1-17.

Popular Posts