A Very Humble Birth

This morning I was able to share with the students from our North Henry Academy in chapel as I usually do on Thursdays. We sang some Christmas songs, and then, I spoke on Luke 2:7. This is the famous verse which most of us know by heart. It tells us that Jesus was wrapped in swaddling cloths and laid in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. I asked the children to tell me why they thought God wanted Jesus to be born in a stable and laid in a feeding trough. He did not have nice clothes or even a bed. Why did God do it that way? The students gave me some good answers, and then, I went on to explain the humility of Jesus leaving Heaven to be the Savior of all people no matter their race or economic status. To do that Jesus humbled Himself to be a servant for all. He was born in a stable to show that He was not too good for anyone. He could save the lowest person in the world and the highest person. That is a great truth for us. Also, the humility of Jesus is a challenge for us, because we are to be like Jesus. Therefore, we are to be humble, instead of being proud, too. I think that is one of the great things about Jesus' birth. He was a common man for the common people of this world, and yet, He was the King of Kings worthy of the worship of any king in this world. Jesus is Savior of all! That is what Christmas is about. We have a humble Savior who suffered and died for us. He deserves all of our praise and worship.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Hosea 9-11 and Revelation 3.

Popular Posts