My Children Walking in Truth

I had a very good day, today, even though I was really tired after a long day on Sunday. Our 5 AM Bible study was great. We had 14 men discussing John 21 about how Jesus was encouraging His disciples, especially Peter, before He ascended back to Heaven. We prayed for our brothers, and we had some great fellowship around the breakfast table, too.

Then, I had a powerful prayer time with two other pastors. We knelt before the Lord together, and we lifted up our own petitions, plus we prayed for other pastors in our area. There is such a spiritual warfare in this day that serious concerted prayer is a must. Over lunch I shared with my brother in a meaningful way how God had worked in our lives. What sweet Christian fellowship!

This evening I was able to share a word of witness at a Christmas dinner. I told the church last night in our service how God had convicted me of my need to set a goal to sow the Gospel and the truth to a certain amount of people each week, both believers and non-believers. I praise God for His leadership in allowing me to share with several people today. I was able to speak to another minister at the dinner and to encourage him, also.

After all of that, I thought of my memory verse for today, III John 4. I know the verse is a reference to the aging Apostle John caring for his children, which were younger believers, who were living in truth. However, the Lord used the verse to speak to me directly. He reminded me that all three of my children are walking in truth more now than they have been in a long time. That reality brings me great joy. I want to see my biological children walk with the Lord. I want to see our church family walking in the truth, and I want to see many non-believers come to Christ and walk in His truth. That would be the ultimate joy for me.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Daniel 11-12 and Jude.

Popular Posts