Not by Power or Might

It is so easy to think that if we work hard, everything will be done and much will be accomplished. I have found that God does not work that way. I was reminded of that this morning in the Experiencing God Day by Day devotional reading. (Zechariah 4:6) The Israelites were in a seemingly hopeless situation at the end of the Exile. They had no army, no political power, and no wealth. How could they return to the Holy Land and rebuild Jerusalem? The only way was by the Spirit of the Lord, and that is just what happened.

We are in a similar position today. Everything seems to be against the spread of the Gospel to a postmodern society. So, how can we accomplish the Great Commission? It will only be by God's Spirit. Therefore, I want to be filled with His Spirit each day and to be constantly controlled by the Spirit for His glory. Then, anything is possible. I hope you will join me in praying for the Spirit of God to move in power to expand God's Kingdom in this dark world. Then, let's see what He does that would be impossible for us.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Hosea 1-4 and Revelation 1.

Popular Posts