Christmas Shopping

I am not much of a shopper. I like going to a store, buying what I need, and leaving as soon as possible. That is my idea of a shopping trip. It works real well most of the time, except at Christmas. Then, I have to actually go shopping. In order to do that and keep my sanity, I think of it as a hunting expedition for the perfect presents for the ones on my list. Oh yeah, and I have to go by myself, so I can hunt at my own speed. Once I tune my brain into that mode, it is not too bad. In fact, it can be fun, if I have some success. It's hard for me to go and not find anything like a fisherman who doesn't catch any fish.

I went today, and I was able to get some good ideas, and I was able to buy a couple of things. It could be that I will need to go two more times to finish. I may need to do some Internet research, too. However, in the end it will work out, cause the Lord always helps me find that special present. That is one of the main things about Christmas. God gave us the most special present when He sent Jesus. Now, we have the opportunity to bless our loved ones with a very special present, too. It is a fitting thing to do at Christmas. I wish you happy hunting and a Christmas full of giving.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Hosea 12-14 and Revelation 4.

Popular Posts