Developing Important Habits

This morning I challenged the children in our North Henry Academy to begin to practice two important habits. Most people call them spiritual disciplines. First, I asked them to quote Bible verses from memory, and I was pleased with their ability. Then, I told them to make sure and learn more and more of the Bible by heart, because it is our spiritual food, and it helps us not to sin. Then, I challenged them to use a prayer list, so they would not forget all of the things and people they need to include in their prayers. I even gave them a simple form to use as a prayer list. I explained that we need to be specific when we pray.

Now, how many of us, as Christian adults, practice these two important habits? If not, why don't you? We all need spiritual food, and we all need to pray effectively. Please, don't allow Satan to rob you of your spiritual growth by convincing you that you can't memorize and you don't have time to pray specifically. That would be a tragedy for you.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Lamentations 3-5 and Hebrews 10:19-39.

Popular Posts