God is Faithful

Sometimes, it is hard to see what God is doing around us. I know I can get impatient, because I want to see things happen faster than they appear to be happening. However, it is wrong for me to doubt the faithfulness of God. If He called me to do something, He will see me through. He is always faithful.

The question is, "Am I faithful to Him?" Am I always listening? Do I always obey what He says? Most of the time I can trace a lack of progress back to my unfaithfulness. However, there are times when God takes His time to do something worthwhile. I like to tell people and myself, a quote I heard years ago. "It takes 6 months for God to make a squash and 20 years for God to make a mature oak tree. Which one would you like to be?" That is why I don't want to get impatient with God. I want Him to make me strong like that oak tree. I want God to produce lasting results, not just a flash in the pan results.

I am going to keep praying and acting on what God tells me, so one day I can see His faithfulness in bringing many people to know Jesus. What about you?

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 1-2 and Hebrews 11:1-19.

Popular Posts