Setting My Mind On Things Above

This morning I read Colossians 3. There were a lot of things on my mind, because I was thinking about our dedication service for the new worship center tomorrow. I was thinking about all of the things I needed to do around the house and the yard, too. It would have been easy for me to focus on earthly things today and forget about the spiritual things. God really spoke to my heart through the first few verses of the chapter. He reminded me that my mind needs to be set on the things above all the time. Even when I am doing the earthly things, I can be thinking about Him and His will.

That is what I did all day, as I meditated on those verses. I did not try to simply accomplish a long list of tasks. I tried to focus on what He wanted me to do. Then, this evening I ended the day with our prayer time at the church for our dedication time tomorrow. It was especially meaningful, since God had laid those verses on my heart all day. How often do we have our unhurried time in the morning, but then, we go through the rest of the day focused on earthly things. That is so wrong. Life is about having the right perspective, and we get that perspective by looking up.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 39-40 and Colossians 4.

Popular Posts