Checkups

Today, I had my regular doctor's checkup. I have one every six months because of some health conditions I have had in the past, but this one was the more extensive of the two. I get all kinds of blood work, as well as a good examination from head to toe. I even got an electrocardiogram this morning. The good news is that I do have a heart, and it is working pretty well. I look forward to these checkups, because if there is something wrong, I can take action before it gets too bad.

I think we ought to have spiritual checkups, too. We need to have an objective person help us look at our spiritual life to see how we are doing. Are we healthy or have we fallen into bad habits that are causing us spiritual distress? If we don't have checkups, we can drift away from the Lord so far that the Devil comes and tells us there is no hope of every getting back to where we were before. That is a lie, but he is very convincing. I urge each of us to take time for such a checkup. Pray about an objective person to whom you can be accountable. Then, meet together on a regular basis, so you can insure your spiritual health.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 37-38 and Colossians 3.

Popular Posts