Praying Scriptural Prayers

One of the easiest ways to make sure we are praying in the right way and for the right things is to pray the prayers recorded in the Bible. I have believed that for a long time, since I believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God. The prayers of Paul and others are not just recorded in God's Word as an example of one of their prayers, but they are part of the inerrant Word of God.

This morning I read Colossians 1. It contains one of those prayers. I really love to take the petitions in verse 9-12 and use them to pray for Christian loved ones and other believers God lays on my heart. What could be better to pray for them?

May they be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.

May they walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.

May they be strengthened with all might according to His glorious power for all patience and long-suffering with joy.

May they be giving thanks to the Father who has qualified them to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.

I have seen God answer this prayer many times, and I would recommend it to all of you.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 34-36 and Colossians 2.

Popular Posts