Jesus Took The Punishment for My Sin

It was great to get back to Monday morning Bible Study. We have a special bond with the men in that study. I guess there are only a certain number of men crazy enough to get up that early on Mondays to study the Bible, so we connect with each other. Of course, I am kidding . We bond because we love the Lord and His Word. This morning we had 15 men gather to continue our study of John 19 and the crucifixion of Jesus.

We considered the day of the crucifixion and the time from verse 14, because there are different views. We considered the hypocrisy of the chief priests as they proclaimed to Pilate, "We have no king but Caesar." However, the overwhelming part of our study this morning was thinking about how it was my sin and your sin that caused Jesus to die on the cross. It was not the Jews or the Romans who killed Jesus. He gave His life for me and for you. He willing took the punishment I deserved for my sins. Since the wages of sin is death, He died in my place. In fact, He died the worst death anyone has ever died, because He took all of the wrath of God against the sins of the world. Now, no one can ever say that God was soft on sin. He poured out the worst punishment possible on the sinless Lamb of God, and it was all for me and for you.

We ended our time with a prayer thanking Jesus for dying for us. I would encourage you to do the same thing. It is the least we can do. The best thing is to give our whole self to Him. He gave Himself fully for us.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 28-29 and Philippians 3.

Popular Posts