Rejoicing in the Faithfulness of God

It was so good to see Doug Roberts at Prayer Meeting tonight. I had been gone to Japan, and he had gone to New York and New England with his family, so we had not seen each other in a while. I have been praying for him and his wife, Dana, to be appointed as career missionaries to the Dominican Republic by the International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention for several months now. Finally, tonight Doug was able to share with us that they had received their acceptance from the IMB. He gave all of the glory to the Lord, and it was wonderful to hear his testimony.

I was with Doug on the mission trip to Santo Domingo when the Lord gripped his heart with the call to that mission field. I was with him and Dana as they returned to confirm God's will. I saw the discouragement on his face when they went to the IMB conference the first time, and they were told there were no openings in the DR, and there probably would not be any very soon. I spoke with Doug after that and encouraged him not to give up on going to the DR, since God's call had been so specific. Then, I remember when they received word that there was a volunteer coordinator position that had been approved. God placed them in that for a short term position, and now He has seen them through to a career appointment. How fantastic is that? As Doug said tonight, "It could only have been the Lord."

This is a great example of God's faithfulness to finish what He starts. I rejoice with the Roberts in the faithfulness of God, and I rejoice because of how He has always been so faithful to me.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 32-33 and Colossians 1.

Popular Posts