The Morning Son

I have heard about plants needing the morning sun all of my life. I am not a gardener by any stretch of the imagination, but I have known several people who were in my lifetime. I like to listen to Walter Reeves on Saturday mornings, so I have learned some from him, too. All of them have said that the morning sun is invigorating to the plants, but the afternoon sun is too intense, and it dries them out.

This week I noticed something about my yard. The grass is almost all burned up from the drought and the heat, but I have some weeds that are growing. One is a hearty flowering weed. I noticed that the flowers are always open in the mornings, but they are closed in the evenings. I found that interesting, since they are the only plants flourishing now. They soak up the early morning sun, and then, they close to keep from drying up.

I think there must be a spiritual principle in this. If we will soak in the Son in the morning, we will receive His refreshing. Then, we can bask in that all day long. We can shield ourselves from the attempts of Satan to dry out our spirits, if we close ourselves from his temptations and stay focused on Jesus. Try it and see if it works for you.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezra 3-5 and John 20.

Popular Posts