God is Sufficient

I had a very good day, even though it was Friday, June 13. Some people who are superstitious would not want to go out today for fear of something bad happening to them. Others would just wonder if there was something to the superstitions. The truth is that God is in control, and He is sufficient for all we need.

I had a bunch to do today on my off day. I prayed from the very start that God would guide me and provide what I needed, and He did it in a wonderful way. It was a joy to go through the day and watch Him at work. Believe me, it is so much easier than trying to do it myself.

That is the huge lesson that we all need to learn and to practice. God is all we need. If He doesn't want us to have it, we don't need it. If we can't get our joy from Him and doing His will, then, we are in trouble. Nothing else in the world compares with the fullness of God. Not just on Friday the 13th, but all of the time, He is the key to having the great things of life. Why not start off the day every day by asking Him to guide you and to provide for you in His perfect way. Then, watch to see what He does. It will be great. I don't mean that it will all be roses, but He will guide and provide through the trials, too, if we will look to Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezra 9-10 and Acts 1.

Popular Posts