Allowing God to Prune Me

The last few weeks I have been praying about several changes in my weekly schedule that will allow me to be intentional about building relationships with Christians and non-Christians. It is a difficult process for me, because some of the things I do are very good things, but they are not the things God wants me to do for Him.

Do you have trouble saying no to people who ask you to do things? Do you have trouble saying no after you have already said yes? In other words do you have trouble quitting something, even when God has made it plain? I do. I can say that it is definitely one of my weaknesses. It comes from one of my gifts. I have the gift of helps or service. I get great pleasure out of serving others. However, that is not good when it blocks me serving the Lord in His way. That is why I have to say no more often and focus on what He has for me.

Please, pray for me as I plan out my fall schedule according to God's will. It is very important for me to get this right. I want to encourage you to do the same thing, so we all can bear more fruit for the Lord in the coming year.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Chronicles 32-33 and John 18:19-40.

Popular Posts