Praying for International Missions

How often do you pray for missions and missionaries around the world? Do you think that is important? Does it make a difference? I believe it is vital to winning the spiritual warfare and to winning souls. That is why I pray for the missionaries who have birthdays every day. You can use the list in the Open Windows magazine. That is the main reason we offer those at NHBC.

However, that is not enough. How often do you pray for countries of the world and people groups? I think it is important enough to pray for them at least once a week. I have several countries that I pray for every week, especially Japan and the Dominican Republic. I pray for the Birifor and the Wala people groups every week, too.

How often do you pray for individual missionaries and their needs. Of course I pray for Jeff and Lori every day, but I pray for others regularly, too. I get several prayer letters from missionaries, because I am on their prayer supporters list. One of them is from Phillip and Teresa Lyons in West Africa. I received a request from them today that I thought I would share with you.

Please join us in praying for the extreme village evangelism teams that head out among the Wala people tomorrow. Pray specifically for Phillip and Brandon Proctor and for “Gabe” and Zac as they begin seeking a person(s) of peace in the villages of “Batesville” and “Paris”. Please also pray for Justin Clark who will join them on June 17th. Pray for God to direct these teams to those Wala people who are seeking the Truth. Pray for sensitivity to God’s Spirit as they walk, pray, sit, and visit. Pray for God to turn the hearts of the Wala people to Himself.

Some of the names have been changed to protect the work, but God knows the specifics. It is up to us to pray diligently. Also, Chris's second cousin from Austria, Theresa, is serving in a mission in Israel. She wrote to request more prayer support today, too. Please, make it a point to broaden your prayer list to include the whole world. After all, Jesus died for the world. We ought to pray for all of them to come to Christ and to pray for the specifics as we know them.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezra 1-2 and John 19:23-42.

Popular Posts