The Days of Our Life

We have a way of counting the years of our life. Every year we celebrate our birthday. That means we have added 365 days to our life. However, do we ever stop to consider how many days we have left on this earth and how we should use them? I would say that is very important for all of us. 

In the Psalm written by Moses he asks God to help us live our lives well. (Psalm 90:10,12) He noted that the days of our life contain 70 years, or if by strength 80 years. However, their pride is only trouble  and tragedy; for it quickly passes , and we disappear. So, we need to ask God to teach us to number our days that we may present to God a heart of wisdom.

I have lived many more days than I have left to live on earth. In fact, next year I will be 70, so this verse hits home. My life has passed quickly, so soon I will be gone from here to heaven. However, when I leave here, I will stand before the Lord. I want to present to Him a heart of wisdom.

To accomplish that, I need to ask God to teach me to number each day. I need to value each one and use it, as it if is my last day on earth. I know there will be trouble and tragedies during my remaining days,  but I can still live in the joy of the Lord, as I trust Him and carry out His will for each day He gives me.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 91-94.

Popular Posts