Physical Weakness, Eternal Strength

 We don't have time for me to go into all of my physical problems over the years, even though I have been pretty healthy. Of course, I had several dental fillings, a crown, and a bridge. I was found to have cysts in my liver. but nothing life threatening. My heart was stopping, so I have a pacemaker now, which works very well. I have had hernia repair and other ailments, but I am still going, wearing out, but still going.

The psalmist recognized this reality for all of us, as humans. Then, he gave us the right perspective to have on our lives. (Psalm 73:26)  The Lord had shown him that his flesh and his heart may fail, but God is the strength of his heart and his portion forever.  WOW! That is quite a testimony, and we should all be able to say that if we know the Lord Jesus.

Just take it from me, our bodies will fail. No one is going to live forever in an earthly physical body. The effects of Adam and Eve's sin can be seen on everything in the universe. Everything is wearing out. Everything is getting weaker, unless there is some kind of outside force exhibited upon it. Therefore, we never know when our heart will fail. We never know when our flesh will cease to sustain our life.

However, if we know the Lord, we do not need to ever be concerned about that. God is our strength. He is eternal. He is always there to sustain us with eternal life. Even better than that, He is our portion forever. If we lose everything else in this world, we have Him for eternity, to love us and provide for us. This is why we can live every day with joy and gladness. Things may change, but with the Lord eventually things get much better than we can even imagine.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 75-77.

Popular Posts