Finding a Wonderful Place

 Life is short, and we encounter all kinds of needs along the way. A lot of life is spent seeking a place where our needs are met. It doesn't even have to be a physical location. It can be a place where our mind and our heart are at rest and satisfied. When we find that place, it is such a blessing from God.

Some of the members of the tribe of Simeon went seeking good pasture for their flocks. (I Chronicles 4:40) They found pasture that was rich and good. The land was spread out on both sides, and it was peaceful and undisturbed, because the ones who had lived there before were Hamites. Sounds like a piece of paradise to me.

I am not sure why this verse struck me the way it did, but it touched my heart to think about the joy this must have brought to these people who needed pasture. God didn't just bless them with food for their flocks. He gave them peace and beauty to go along with it. I believe we all need that peace and tranquility in our lives.

We need to ask Jesus to give us His peace, and He will. We need to be still and to take time to be undisturbed by all of the chaos around us. We need to seek out the beautiful things that God has made and enjoy them. Believe me, God has done that for me, and He will do that for all of us, if we will seek Him and trust Him to show us where and how to have our daily life needs met.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 5-7.

Popular Posts