Being Instructed Well

I am thankful for all of the good teachers that I have had in my life. Mrs. Bangs was my first grade teacher at Midway, and she got me off to a good start. I had many good teachers in high school, college, and seminary from whom I learned so many important facts and truths. However, I also had some teachers who did not give me good instruction. It is important to know the difference.

 King Jehoash became king over God's people at a young age. He needed instruction to be able to do God's will for him and the people. (II Kings 12:2) Fortunately, Jehoash did what was right in the sight of the Lord all his days that Jehoiada the priest instructed him. We will need excellent spiritual instruction, so we can do what is right and pleasing to the Lord. 

The Bible is God's Word, and it is our light and our instruction for living a godly life. We need to understand it well and apply it correctly. Since it can be kind of overwhelming, at times, we need someone to guide us and explain it to us. We should be thankful for them and listen to them.

That is the key to being instructed well. We have to receive the good instruction gladly and be eager to live it out. It is not enough to hear it. We must learn it, meditate on it, and let it change us. That is what God's Word is designed to do. (Romans 12:2) Let's find a good instructor and do what is right in the sight of the Lord and do it for His glory.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Kings 13-15.  

Popular Posts