Being an Example

 I don't know about you, but examples really help me understand things better. When I see something, instead of just hearing about it or reading about it, I get the full meaning. Then, I can see what I need to do and how to do it well. We see this in the lives of people, too. 

God made Ezekiel an example for the people of God. (Ezekiel 24:24) He told them that Ezekiel was an example for them, and they were to do just what he did. Then, when that time came, they would know that He was the Sovereign Lord. Yes, people can be examples, and we can learn from them.

God uses us as examples for others all of the time. The question is, "Are we being good examples or bad examples?" This is one reason it is so important for us to live a holy life, fully following Jesus. Then, when people see us, they see what a Christian is like and what God can do for them, if they will follow Jesus well, too.

This is the way God shows others how to live. They may not really get it from hearing sermons or reading their Bibles, but  when they see a good example, they see what to do. They see it is possible for them to do it, too. They see God bless them in their obedience, and they know He is the Sovereign Lord of all. Therefore, let's make it our aim every day to be good examples to others.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 26-28. 

Popular Posts