A Stubborn Heifer or a Lamb?

 I am not a rancher, but I did have some experience with cows during my time in Texas. I have seen the ones who just will not be led. They go their own way until they are forced to go where the rancher wants them to go. I have also seen lambs that were like pets. They follow you around and do whatever they can to be near you. That is a huge difference, isn't it?

Hosea used this analogy for God's people in asking a good question. (Hosea 4:16) He said that Israel was stubborn, like a stubborn heifer. So should the Lord feed her like a lamb in a lush pasture? I think we all know the answer to this question, but let's ask it to ourselves today.

I am afraid that many of us are stubborn, and we are constantly challenging God's directions and going our own way. At the same time, we are praying for God to meet our needs and to bless us. Those two things don't go together. Why would God reward our rebellion by blessings us? Of course, that is the wrong thing to do. He has to drive us to do His will by wise chastening. Then, He can bless us.

So, why don't we just decide to be like a lamb? Let's decide to meekly follow the Lord around. Let's stay as close to Him as possible and do whatever He desires for us to do. Then, He will happily feed us on His good things and bless us for our obedient spirit. 

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Hosea 5-7. 

Popular Posts