Tell Me, Lord

I am sure that most of us are familiar with prayer. We have our ways of approaching the Father. However, I would venture to say that there might be one thing we neglect to ask the Father as much as we should. I am sure that if we would ask Him this, it would be a great blessing for our lives. Let's make sure to ask the Lord to show us our sins from His perspective.

Job did just that. (Job 13:23) Job said to God, "Tell me, what have I done wrong? Show me my rebellion and my sin." I am sure that God loves for us to be sensitive to His insights in this way on a regular basis. Then, He knows our hearts want to be right with Him.

One of the words for sin in the Bible means "to miss the mark." That is when we shoot an arrow at a target and we miss the bullseye. We may come very close, but we miss the mark. That is sin. We might not think we have done anything wrong, but God can and will show us, so we can do better the next time.

Also, we need to ask the Lord to search our hearts for any rebellion. It is very detrimental for us to want to have our own way and to rebel against God and His ways. Therefore, let's ask Him to show us that so we can be fully submissive. Then, let's just ask Him to show us any other specific sins so we can confess them and change our ways. All of these things are needed for us to live and love like Jesus.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 14-16 

Popular Posts