Careful to Live in Obedience

 One of the things that I tell people all the time is to "be careful." I know how easy it is to have an auto accident or to run into other troubles, and I don't want them to suffer from those things. However, I am afraid that sometimes I don't follow my own advice. I get in such a hurry that I fail to do what I would do, if I was being careful.

King Jotham did not have that problem. (II Chronicles 27:6) King Jotham became powerful because he was careful to live in obedience to the Lord his God. That would be a wonderful testimony for others to be able to say about me or about any of us.

I know I am a list person, and I hate to be late for anything. That makes me focus too much on what I have on my list, instead of asking God to show me His list. Then, when I am in a hurry on top of that, I miss things He would have me to do, and I am careless to do the wrong things, at times. Even though I do not sin knowingly very often, not being careful to live in obedience to the Lord is a terrible sin.

I believe we all need to slow down and focus on the Lord. We should begin in the morning to seek His will, and then continue all day long asking Him to show us what to do and how to do it. Then, if we do this carefully, like Jotham, God will make us powerful and help us have success in what is really important.

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Chronicles 28-30.   

Popular Posts