God's Unfailing Love and Faithfulness

 It is a spiritual principle that we can never outgive God. He has promised to bless us as we give ourselves and our resources to bless others. No matter how much we give, God is even more generous to meet our needs and even more. Of course, this is not true if we are not faithful to Him and to His will. However, God is a gracious loving Heavenly Father, who is abundantly loving and faithful to His obedient children. Jacob found that out after he left Canaan and went to his relatives in Padanaram to get married. God met him on the way and promised to bless him and bring him back home safely. That is exactly what happened. (Genesis 32:10) Jacob confessed to God that he was not worthy of all the unfailing love and faithfulness God had shown him, his servant. He remembered that when he crossed the Jordan river leaving his home, all he owned was a walking stick. However, upon his return to Canaan his household filled two large camps. God is so good!

This verse made me stop and think about my life. I am not worthy of the unfailing love and faithfulness that God has shown me and my family either. When I left home to go to Texas and attend Baylor University, I had a 1963 Studebaker with my clothes and my stereo for my dorm room. As Chris and I were married God blessed us with 3 wonderful children and 7 grandchildren who are so precious to us. Now, I sit in a house filled with all of the good things with which God has blessed us. We have gone from having almost nothing to having so much more than we would have every imagined. None of this came from our efforts or work. It all has come from the unfailing love of God and His faithfulness to us and our family. I give Him all the thanks and praise, as Jacob did. What a wonderful God we serve!

#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Genesis 33-35.

Popular Posts