What is Your Goal in Life?

I believe we all need goals to shoot for in life. I am not the best about setting goals for me and for our church family, but I do know their importance. I do not think it is good to have goals just for the sake of having goals, and I definitely don't want to have goals, so I can boast about numbers. I believe all of our goals should be given to us by the Lord from His Word or from hearing Him in our prayers. That is what I see in the apostle Paul, too. He did not seem to have numerical goals, but he was always striving to reach more people with the gospel, and he was always seeking to be more like Jesus. (Philippians 3:10) Let's take a moment to see what Paul was striving to accomplish in his life, because it really should be our goal, too.

Paul's goal in life was to know Christ. He knew that the main thing we all need is a relationship with the Lord Jesus. If we do not know Him, we are lost and headed to an eternity of agony, separated from God and everything good. However, just as we grow in our relationships with people, we need to grow in our relationship with Christ. We should strive each day to know Him better and better. Paul's goal was to grow in knowing and experiencing the power of Christ's resurrection and the fellowship of his sufferings, being conformed to His death. What does that mean? He wanted to see God give Him the same power that raised Jesus from the dead, so he could do the will of God in that power. Then, at the same time, he wanted to realize how much Christ suffered for us, so that he would die to self and do all that he did for the Lord, not for his own glory. I believe he achieved his goal for his life very well. I pray that we all can accomplish these things, because if we do, we are truly living the abundant life in Christ.
#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Philippians 4 and Colossians 1-2.   

Popular Posts